Coffee Stain Removal, Getting a Coffee Stain off Carpet
Coffee Stain Removal. Flower Mound, ever notice that true coffee addicts always seem to find that brown, ring shaped coffee quite often left behind from their daily brew? Usually find it on coffee tables, desks, papers, magazines, newspaper, and sometimes the clumsy coffee drinkers spill it on the carpet as well. Coffee on the carpet can be tricky when trying to remove. It is very important to act quickly before the stain sinks into the fibers and dry. Once a coffee stain sets, it becomes much harder to treat. If the coffee contained any milk or creamer, there is a big possibility that it could become smelly and bacteria could set in if left to suppurate. You need to learn how to remove a coffee stain from the carpet, if you want to keep your carpet spot and smell free.
How to Remove a Coffee Stain on Carpet
- First of all, as with all carpet stains. The most important thing to do first is too quickly blot up the spill. Using a paper towel or cloth, dab the spot and soak up as much of the liquid as possible. Avoid applying to much pressure and any form of rubbing. This can push the coffee deeper into the carpet fibers and into the backing.
- Next, assess the carpet. If the coffee has spilled on a high valuable rug or on antique carpet or wool carpet. You should call a professional carpet cleaner immediately to ensure that the carpet/rug won’t be damaged during the cleaning process. Always remember to do a test spot in an inconspicuous area like under the couch or in the back corner of a closet when using a cleaning solution. Once you did a good test area move on to the stained area.
- Mix about 2/3 cup warm water with either 1/3 cup white vinegar or 1 teaspoon of liquid dish washing detergent. If the coffee contained any milk or cream, use an enzyme laundry detergent as well. Apply this mixture to the stain with a sponge or spray bottle, just dampen but not soak the spot. Then, using another clean paper towel or cloth, blot up more of the coffee. Repeat this process until the stain is removed. If you’re able, you could switch between vinegar and detergent solutions.
- If the spot is still there after several repetitions, consider contacting a professional carpet cleaning company
- Once the spot is removed, dampen it with some clean water and blot up. If the spot is still very wet, place a clean paper towel or cloth on top and weigh it down with a heavy object (like a large book) to soak up as much water as possible, if the cloth or towel gets to wet replace it with a dry one and repeat .
Flower Mound Coffee Stain Removing Professionals
Know that older stains will be harder to remove then the fresh ones, which is why it’s so important to act quickly and remove the coffee stain immediately after it has spilled. be patient as you attempt to remove the coffee stain, process could take some time and remember to remove every bit of the stain, especially if it contained milk, which becomes sour if left in the carpet. Flower Mound, remember, if you’re struggling to remove that coffee stain removal on carpet or you’re afraid that you’ll accidentally damage your precious carpet or rug, just call a cleaning company like Ultra Clean Floor Care. We’d be happy to help you!